Wednesday 4 July 2012

Project 7: Depth


Exercise: Depth Although all of the principles of creating depth have been covered in the Art of Photography course blog, I thought it would be useful to include a “live” shot of the effect of zooming on depth of field in this section of my log.
I set up a long table with two objects along it for the short take. I started with the zoom set at approx. the mid point of its range, zoomed in and then out again. I found that I had to manually set the focus onto the nearest object otherwise it would not come into focus as I zoomed in. Autofocus tended to bring the far object into focus. This was probably due to the relative spacing of the objects but it was a worthwhile exercise and good practice. Another reason for shooting this frame is to get some use of my new editing software. I have changed from Nero to Sony Vegas for HD. I’m hoping it will be easier to use and enable me to manage my projects in the way I want to rather than the software dictating how and where I can save my files.

Exercise Depth from Richard Down on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment