Exercise 4: Shooting a short sequenceObjective: To produce a short sequence of shots to illustrate a given narrative, visualise the important elements in the frame and choose a suitable sized frame to contain that element. Make a storyboard to remind you of the shots you wish to make, annotated to show what information is being conveyed.
- The angle of view of my video camera is much less than my visualisation
- I tried the first frame (the eyes) but the sudden change from objective to POV viewpoint didn’t work.
- The ceiling lights are spots, not a single lamp, not that it matters too much
- I panned right from the door to the table with the bottle in two shots as planned. The reason for this was the reflections in the cupboard doors and the TV screen.
- The speaker on my camera picked up some interference from the wireless phone when it rang. Noticeable but a lesson learned.
- I’ve uploaded the video to Vimeo.
DFP Exercise 4 - Alcoholic from Richard Down on Vimeo.